Philo Ventures, VentureCapital.org, and The Shop Salt Lake City present Risky Business: A Utah Tech Week Workshop on de-risking the entry into entrepreneurship by identifying the right business idea.
Join us for a workshop focused on helping would-be entrepreneurs understand how to confidently approach the earliest decision points of launching a business (plus breakfast!)
We’ve tapped some of Utah’s brightest early-stage thinkers to bring you a hands-on how-to guide for new venture ideation and validation. The session kicks off with an expert roundtable on the hallmarks of good (and bad) ideas, where you’ll hear from
- Kristy Muir- Investor @ Pelion, Founder @ FuzePlay, former VP @ Instructure
- Randall Lloyd - Managing Partner @ Grix VC, former GP @ Peterson Ventures
- Chad Staheli - Founding Partner & CEO @ Philo Ventures
From there you’ll get your hands dirty with a real-time ideation and validation exercise designed to take some of the guesswork out of giving high-potential business ideas the green light.
Following the event, all attendees are invited to stick around for Funding Sources for Startups: a conversation on sourcing startup capital through dilutive, non-dilutive, and debt-based options according to company performance, maturity and preference. Get full event details and register here.
This public event is well-suited for entrepreneurial types who
- Are currently starting a business
- Have previously started a business
- May one day start a business
- Seek the confidence to start a business
- Simply like talking business
The When & Where.
Monday, 1/23, 9:30-10:30 AM @ The Shop Salt Lake City (350 E 400 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111)
While this event is open to the public, all attendees must register prior to joining the workshop to receive a ticket.
The Shop is located at 350 E 400 S SLC, UT 84111. Their lobby is located on the corner of 400 S & Blair St.
- If you are driving, we recommend parking on 400 East or 500 South by the Public Safety Building or at the city library and walking on Blair St. to enter through the lobby.
- If you are not driving, we are located just a block away from the City Library TRAX station and have onsite bike storage.
Once in the lobby, just take the elevator to the 3rd floor.